1. I have been breastfeeding my son for just-shy-of-one-year. I may not love that my body looks a lot different than it used to, but I love that it’s doing this miraculous thing.
2. I can sing pretty well. (As in, you’d enjoy sitting near me in church – not, I think I should go on American Idol.)
3. I’m a loyal friend.
4. I’m a good cook, and I love to suprise my husband with meals and treats.
5. I always remember birthdays, anniversaries, and special days of our family and friends, and I’m good about getting cards in the mail on time for them.
6. I was a darn good teacher when I was in the public schools. And come to think of it, I’m a darn good teacher in my home right now!
7. I’m a decent housekeeper and homemaker. (There’s room for improvement, sure… but it’s enough that NewDotDad and I usually feel comfortable and at ease in our home, and that’s the most important thing to me.)
8. I have a flair for scrapbooking, and I have a lot of fun doing it.
9. I’m a fast reader – about 1,000 words a minute when I’m making an effort.
10. I like that I (usually) manage to keep my eyes and heart focused on what really matters – my walk with my Savior, living in a way that honors Him, and showing His love to those around me. I like that one a lot.
I have seen this meme in several blogs, and I decided to do it now to cheer myself up a bit. I’m sure at some point I’ll want to complete the companion meme, “10 Things I Hate About Me…” but at the moment I’m trying to focus on the positive.
OH – and speaking of positive, my 100th post is coming up. It will be the next one, in fact. And a certain little NewDotSomeone has a 1st birthday coming up, in three days to be exact. Coincidence? :0)